Saturday 5 May 2018

Weekly Update - 05/05/18

Hello!

Release 0.3.0 isn't quite ready yet. It's currently shaping up to be my largest update yet, looking to clock in at just over 60,000 words total, 20,000 up from 0.2.2.

In this update I will be introducing a new storyline centering on the demonic cult in Ighena. This storyline will have a significant impact on many characters in the game, as will your decisions within it. In this storyline, you can choose to either infiltrate the cult and take it down from within or to actually join the cult and revel in its deviancy. The cult worships a demon called the Ahriman, and your initiation into the cult will involve the demon corrupting your body and your thoughts. This will not go down well with some characters, but most will be oblivious to your only subtly changed appearance. There are ways of persuading those who don't like your new form...

I plan for this storyline to be an exclusively M/M route, though these plans may change in the future. I have plans for a good end, an evil end and a few bad ends too. The evil end will entail aiding the corruption of the city in service to the Ahriman whilst the good end will entail defeating and dissolving the cult and purifying its members. For now, 0.3.0 will include the beginning of the evil end and one of the bad ends. The other bad ends and the good end will become available when I've added the necessary characters, and the evil route will continue inside the castle. The bad ends aren't very sexy but I hope they'll be engaging nonetheless! On the evil route you can start by corrupting a couple of people around town.

I want to release 0.3.0 with a lot of content but I also want to get it out quite soon so that you can play through it already. As well as expanding the options in characters that the player can corrupt, I will be exploring the other impacts of the cult's presence on the town's residents in 0.3.1.

I hope to release the update sometime in the next week! At the latest, I will be aiming to release it next Saturday. I hope you'll all enjoy it~

Have a good weekend!

Lapis

No comments:

Post a Comment